Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Happy 4th birthday!

Wow, I have been horrible at keeping up with this blog lately. It has been 2 months since Reagan's 4th birthday and I never wrote about it! If I had to guess, I would say that Reagan enjoyed her special day. She smiled big while we sung happy birthday to her, briefly tolerated using her switch to activate a happy birthday song on the computer, and then lost interest shortly after when we started opening presents.

It is so hard to believe that my first baby girl is already 4 years old and I will be honest in saying that I did not take it too well. Four just sounds so much older and officially makes her a little girl. I guess the sadness is because I want her to stay young forever in hopes of keeping more of the Rett symptoms from showing up or the existing ones from getting worse. I want her to still be 3 years old *when* the cure for Rett is found. I don't want it to be another year that has passed that the Rett monster has controlled her little body. Thankfully I think Reagan is happy most of the time and in the end that's what matters.

The birthday girl

Enjoying her happy birthday song

Time to blow out the candle!

using her switch to hear a happy birthday song

Opening presents and the end of her patience. :-)


1 comment:

  1. four was rough on me too, mama. five was MUCH better. :) hugs and happy birthday to reagan! ps: when did little lauren get so big, too!?

    ReplyDelete