Monday, February 15, 2010

The good and the bad with Rett Syndrome

Some days are certainly better than others and unfortunately today has been one of the more emotionally challenging days for me. Reagan had one of her inconsolable spells (symptom of RS) last night before bedtime and those are always really difficult. I hate seeing her so upset and frustrated and it's even worse that she can't communicate with us what is bothering her. She woke up in a really good mood this morning though so all was better.

However, I had a meeting with her Physical and Speech therapists this morning through the ECI program. It was our last meeting since we have moved Reagan to private therapy instead. They were providing me with some insight on education options for Reagan as she approaches 3 and we begin to think about pre-school. But, I do much better emotionally living in the moment and taking Rett syndrome day by day instead of thinking to the future and the challenges it might present. Needless to say I have been upset ever since. I downloaded this video clip of Reagan 'jumping' from this weekend to make me smile and thought I would share!

No comments:

Post a Comment