Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Good news to share!

I am having a wonderful day!  Not even the extreme cold weather or rude people at the grocery store could wipe the smile from my face.  This morning I talked to the school district representative and we'll be having a meeting to discuss Reagan's very first IEP (Individualized Education Plan) on Monday, February 14th.  Although this is very exciting news, it is not the REAL reason for my silly grin.  That would be because of the voucher that was sitting my mailbox when I returned home this afternoon.  A voucher for Reagan made payable to a vendor of our choosing for a communication device, paid in full!  Thank you soooo much to the STAP (Specialized Telecommunications Assistance Program) through the state of Texas and the telephone network.  And an even bigger thank you to Ms. L, Reagan's speech therapist, for believing in Reagan and knowing that she is a little girl trapped in her body, waiting to tell us all what she is thinking.  My baby is going to have her voice one day VERY soon!!!  The next step is to submit our purchase order to the company we choose and patiently wait for her "talker" to arrive, possibly 4 to 6 months.  No problem, I can wait that long!

Yep, today was a good day.  I hope you all are staying warm and safe in this "arctic" blast!

10 comments:

  1. Here I was having a decent day after a few fun things out enjoying the 70 degree weather, but this is so much better!!!!!!!! Pretty sure that is better than winning the lottery!!!!! I am so excited for you, for Reagan, and for Lauren and your husband! Happy day to you! Thanks for letting us share in your joy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats just the best news EVER! and way to go mom for getting this going so soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is truly GREAT news! Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have tears of joy for your family running down my face right now. Praise God! We love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's great news!! Happy for you and Reagan... let me know if you need any help or input with the IEP stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is *SO* awesome! I can't wait to hear what Reagan has to say!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How awesome!!! We are just getting started with STAP. How long did it take from the time you submitted it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous news! You are a great mom Dawn!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I second Krissy's comment, you ARE a great Mom. Reagan and Lauren are super, duper lucky to have you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is such wonderful news!!! I can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete