Monday, April 18, 2011

Love can build a bridge

I was doing my thing at the gym this morning, getting in my groove on the elliptical machine while my ipod shuffled through songs.  I usually listen to a playlist instead of shuffle so I haven't heard a lot of songs on my ipod lately.  The song "Love Can Build a Bridge" by The Judds came on and I almost skipped it to go to a more upbeat song.  Instead the words grabbed a hold of me before I could get to the next button.  This song has a great message about love and it's powers.  I listened intently, applying that message to my personal journey.  I had to listen to it again and hoped that I wouldn't make a fool out of myself by starting to cry openly at the gym.

Reagan can not talk to me and has very limited communication skills at this point.  Yet I feel immensely connected to her and in tune to her spirit.  I feel that the love we share and understanding of that unconditional love has built a bridge over her inability to use words.  I talk to her all the time, and no she doesn't respond but the love that shines through her eyes back at me talks to me.  I am not sure if I did a good job relaying what I am feeling and how I interpreted the song.  But the bottom line is that I felt the message loud and clear this morning, love is all that matters.  Here is link to their live performance if you've never heard the song:  The Judds beautiful performance.

1 comment:

  1. Just beautiful! Yes, you did a great job relaying what you were trying to say! I heard you loud and clear and I think it is so amazing that you have such a loving bond with Reagan that words aren't always necessary. You're an awesome Mommy!!!

    ReplyDelete